|Season||Chinese New Years|
|Available from:||Catalogue (Seasonally) |
Builders Club (Seasonally)
China Town furniture was released as part of the celebration of Chinese New Year on Habbo in 2012. It consisted of Chinese Lanterns that appeared interactive as they floating into the air and then incinerated and Urban-style China Town Walls. These were included in the Catalogue due to the various competitions surrounding the celebration such as Fortune Cookie writing and furniture naming. The event also saw a rare Dragon Firework released which could be charged with the old currency of Pixels. The range itself was only a small extension on the Asian furniture range, but became popular amongst users.
The campaign began on January 23rd, 2013, with the release of a new Pixel Effect called the Red Dragon. It featured a Habbo dressing up in a Chinese Dragon costume with only their legs showing. They lasted for hours at a time and were easily affordable. The Red Dragon Restaurant made a return with its own chef - Hannibal Poddington and each day we saw different items on his menu, which helped players receive Badges.
|Sky Lantern||Light up the New Year!|
|The Dragon that Spews Fireworks||A Sky Lighter Dragon|
|Dragon Teleport||Dare you try out where it will take you?|
|China Town||Click to change state|
Fortune Cookie Competitions
Every day during the campaign, Habbo Staff recommended a new dish in the restaurant that players would find on Sticky Notes within the Red Dragon Restaurant. Their job was to talk to the chef about the dish and he would inform players of what was in it and tell them a little information about the dish. Players could also sit at the tables available and eat the food. If players entered the dish competition with the correct entry, they were awarded with a Fortune Cookie badge, which were picked at random each day. There were 10 badges available and each one had a different fortune on. The fortunes were created by Habbo players and were available from the 23rd January - 3rd February.
The second competition asked users to create their own fortunes. They had to create fortunes that could be put inside the cookies and the best would then be used as descriptions for the badges used during the campaign. If players won this competition, they would receive a special prize at the end of the campaign that remained secret for the most part. The winners were then named on the 6th February and the winning fortunes were revealed.
The prize was later shown as a set of Dragon Teleports, 3 Sky Lanterns, a Moongate and a Chinese Blossom Tree.
The following is a list of the users who had their fortunes chosen to be released with a badge, along with the fortune they submitted:
- Ch3rryz - Your heart is a place to draw true happiness.
- Sugar.plum.bubzy - You can't have a rainbow, without a little rain.
- Devlik - You will maintain elegant poise while ignoring room flooders.
- Zachary.. - The Fortune you seek lies within you.
- Nopeisdope! - There are lessons to be learned by listening to others.
- Help! I'm being help prisoner in a chinese bakery!
- ZebraMan9000 - Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
- -Trickz - A focused mind is one of the most powerful forces in the universe.
- :InsaneVietnam - The fortune you seek is in another Badge.
- FunkyJumperman - You will be extra ducky! *ahem* ...lucky!
- Hockeyalex09 - Now is the time to try something new!
- Jazzybbybi - Your life shall be full of wonder!
- Jerr - You can always find happiness at work on Friday.
- HL/Samanfa - You broke my shell, please give me a nice home!
- J.Vint - Fortune brings in some boats that are not steered.
- Youteacherisin - Good clothes open many doors. Go shopping.
- OlliexPOVx - Great thoughts come from the heart.
- Pumpum - Every exit is an entrance to new experiences.
- Jj9090 - One who admires you greatly is hidden before your eyes.
- ShesOnTheBlob - Advise is like kissing, it costs nothign and is pleasant to do.
- Lpowerlp - Open your mind before your mouth.
- Rae-Rae - about time I got out of that Fortune Cookie!
- Klmehehe55555 - You are beautiful, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
- G.c.magic - A true friend is someone who is really happy about your successes.
- Ballio... - Yyou will meet a dancing cat by moonlight.
- Jazzem - Better a broken heart than no heart at all.
- .:PrincessMay:. - Follow your heart!
- Callmatt9 - The sure way to predict the future is to invent it.
- GangsterLes - You are born with passion, make good use of it!
Dragon Dance Hall
To take part players needed to build a Chinese New Year party room, either on their own or as a group with up to two other users. The participants only had a few days to enter and the prizes up for grabs were a Rare Sky Lighter Dragon, five Treasure Patches, a rare Badge, and their room would be added to the Chinese New Year Party Floor on the Navigator for everyone to see.
Big Trouble In Little China
This was a quest that awarded winners with an exclusive Black Dragon badge of Kick Fu was given to those who completed it. If they made it through to enter the poll at the end, they would receive the badge and 50 random players would win an additional Black Dragon Lamp. Due to how short the holiday is, the players only had a few days until the 6th February to enter. The winners managed to defeat the Little Dragon, but only approximately 500 players did. They had to remember a sequence in 30 seconds, which was found to be 'kickpunchkickkickpunch'
- [email protected]