Hotel Versions (V51-V63)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Every so often, the hotel receives a few interesting updates and the hotel version/released used to change. This occurred right up until R/V63, when Sulake decided to introduce "builds" instead (e.g. Build 1335) and also, we now refer to the updates past V/R33 as "BETA updates". Different releases/versions used to be a rare occasion back in 2000-2003 but they became more common as Sulake and Habbo Hotel grew in size. Here is a list of what V51 - V63 brought to the hotel:
- Groups now had a limit of 10,000 'reactions' on a topic. Once a topic reached 10,000 reactions it would automatically close.
- New clothes were added (including the winning outfit from Habbo Runway, which was chosen by Miley Cyrus).
- VIPs now had the ability to have rooms without walls.
- New faces and clothes were added.
- Players could now add a number onto the back of their shirt - to celebrate the World Cup 2010 campaign.
- No major changes occurred here, except that Habbos and pets loaded differently in rooms.
- Additional character settings were added to the "Me" menu.
- New clothes (swimwear) was added for Summer.
- Habbo ID received a small update.
- It became easier to log in via 3rd party services.
- It became easier for players to add secondary E-mails to their accounts.
- A few new pet items were added alongside the release of Lions and Rhinos.
- Savannah furniture was also added in this release.
- A small update - a new login page.
- A new 'Home' button was added.
- The 'Club benefits' box now popped up when a player logged in.
- The 'Buy in catalogue' button was added beneath the Inf-O-Matic for furniture items.
- The maximum amount of furniture allowed in a room expanded.
- Users could now use the CTRL button to pick up furniture items.
- URLs became underlined, in blue font and click-able.
- Battle Banzai entered the hotel.
- Players now had the ability to share rooms via Facebook.
- The "Thumbs down" option was removed from room rating.
- Embedded URLs were updated.
- Avatars now loaded as a transparent outline as opposed to the previous black outline.
- The registration page was updated yet again.
- The 'o/' short-cut for waving was temporarily removed - it was later re-added.
- Wired furniture entered the hotel.
- Ice Tag was added into the hotel.
- Achievement scores were added.
- A window would now pop up when a player gained an achievement.
- Users now had the ability to share their achievements on Facebook.
- The zoom in/out icon was removed from the toolbar and so was the 'Go to Home Room/Hotel view' icon.
- The Inf-O-Matic was updated.
- Fast Food was introduced
Anything after this point is considered a "build". For example, V63 - Build 1301.