The Client is the main gameplay area for Habbo users - aka "the inside of the hotel". It is fundamentally the most important feature of the brand itself and is the main place for Competitions, Quests, Sulake Staff gatherings and Celebrity Visits. Previously, when a major update occurred on the client the "revision/version" number would increase (e.g. V6 saw the introduction of the :furni command), but this changed to the "build" number increasing at R/V63.
The Client is usually divided into three key stages when discussing its history. Version 1-18 is commonly referred to as the "Old Skool" era, Version 18-34 is known as the "Shockwave" era and anything after this point is known as the "Flash/Beta" era. The biggest difference between the Old Skool and Shockwave era is not the UI (User Interface), but instead the fact that players were unable to log directly into the Client for the first time ever. The key difference between the Shockwave and the Flash/Beta era is the entire remaking of the UI, which almost replaced every core feature of Habbo and nearly made the pre-beta UI redundant.
Hotel Versions are not the main feature of focus in the Client presently. Instead, the changes in the UI spark a great deal of interest amongst users due to the fact four currently exist on the hotel and three of them will need to be updated over time. For more details on the UIs, see below.
Habbo.com/client is no longer used and is now Habbo.com/hotel although you can still access the old Habbo client by going to ex.habbo.com when playing from there you will get ex.habbo.com/client
The User Interface is the general design scheme that is present across most features in the hotel. To date, there have been four different UIs used on Habbo (excluding the one used for Hotel Goldfish):
- "Pre-Beta" - This was the prominent design used by hotels from 2000-2009 when Beta arose and primarily features Volter Goldfish font. It was disregarded as a UI in Beta because of its "rustic/old fashioned" appearance, but is still present on the main view of the Habbo Console/friends list.
- Beta - This primarily features a blue and grey colour scheme and is present on many features in the hotel - e.g. the Navigator and Catalogue. It is usually seen as the most disliked UI out of all four.
- Illumina - Generally viewed as the most favourable of the UIs and was prominent during 2012/early 2013. It was designed to slowly replace all features of Beta, but the leading developer behind it resigned from Sulake. This UI is present on the Habbo Helpers track system and the Inventory.
- H.I.T.C.H - "Holistic Interface Technology Concept for Habbo" is the most recent UI and was first developed during early 2013. It is a replacement for every UI present so far and is currently present on the "Change Looks" feature of the hotel.
Unfortunately, developers confirmed there would not be one single UI on Habbo for a very long time.
Shortly after the public release of Habbo 2020, Habbo released a statement acknowledging the difficulties players were experiencing with the open beta of the client . In an attempt to remedy this and encourage players to return to the game, Habbo launched a downloadable client which gave each player a unique log in code and very closely resembled the previous Flash client. The aim of this release was to allow players a smoother playing experience while giving developers a chance to concentrate their efforts on developing the Unity client. Along with the introduction of the downloadable client a lot features from the old Flash client returned, such as furni-furni trading and room rights and moderation, while also incorporating some of the main features of the Unity client, such as the vault and earnings window.
- We're bringing back the old flash client https://www.habbo.com/community/article/28579/were-bringing-back-the-old-flash-client