Habbox Wiki is the official Wiki site affiliated wth Habbox.com, which aims at providing concise information about Habbo, Sulake and Habbox History. The Wiki site was officially released to the public on the 13th of February 2012 with the target of becoming an updated, accurate and comprehensive collection of articles and guides that would be available to all internet users. The encyclopaedia is run by you and a dedicated team of staff currently led by Content Manager, Shonly.
Habbox Wiki works like Wikipedia and allows members of the online community to contribute their own work to the website and also allows members to edit existing work and contribute extra information to make various resources even bigger. Users can search for any Habbo or Habbox related article on any page via the search bar and navigate to various items associated with that query; such as media, templates or articles. At present, there are 1,650 pages on the Wiki & the list is continually expanding thanks to the efforts of our many contributors.
Planning and Release
The Habbox Wiki project begun in early October 2011 and was worked on by the Habbox Content Design Department. On the 13th of January, the Habbox "general public" became aware of a new top-secret project: code-named: HxW. Soon after the rumor-mill went into overdrive and everyone was trying to guess what this new addition to Habbox was.
- 17th February 2012:
- New HxWiki favicon - Templates created - Automatic Habbo imager created - More pages created and several SPAG (Spelling and Grammar) corrections made - New homepage introduced: can be viewed HERE - Page categories introduced - Parser functions extension added - Possibility of adding external images enabled - Multi imager uploaded - Spoilers started being developed.
- 11th November 2012:
- MediaWiki updated to version 1.20 - Updated "Difference between revisions" screen - Cookie notice implemented - Logo changed - Anonymous page editing enabled - Content Portals
- 2nd June 2013:
- MediaWiki updated to 1.21 - Some minor skin changes
- 2nd Feb 2017:
- MediaWiki Version Updated to 1.20 - Two more content portals added; Pets and Hotels - Anonymous page editing enabled - Colours on the majority of templates changed to lighter/pastel versions - More infobox templates created - Rare Value and Throne Value templates removed from all pages due to disfunctionality. - New AlertBox (Merging) created for pages under consideration as part of a merge. - Deletion of many individual furniture pages that didn't warrant their own page. - Revamp of the Community Portal due to its semi-outdated look. Fonts changed, images added, information corrected, and each section updated accordingly. - Rewriting of Events pages according to a specific format. - Removal of the Limited Edition Rares NavBox due to lack of necessity.
- 5th June 2018:
- MediaWiki Version Updated to 1.3 - New homepage introduced: can be viewed Here. - Added a twitter plug in on the wiki home page, keeping you upto date with the Habbox twitter account. - Rare Value and Throne Value templates re added to all pages. - Limited Edition Rares NavBox re added. - Upload Wizard has been added to the wiki it can be found in Upload Wizard, so now you can upload more images apart from one at a time.